Welcome to SRB2 Shelter!

Wii

Autosaver
    User
    User

Posts Posts : 54

Wii

Post by Autosaver on Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:35 pm

Does anyone have the Wii here? Oh, anyone here have online games?

The wii is pretty cool. And the Motion+ makes it nifty.
    Discuss....
    Kyasarin
    Gold User

Posts Posts : 77

Re: Wii

Post by Kyasarin on Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:39 pm

It's vastly overrated. None of the games are very special and it's graphically inferior to just about every system out there. The Wiimotes are frustrating to handle and are more of a chore than anything interesting. The games are mainly pointless waggle-fests that add nothing to the gameplay.

Outside of playing Donkey Kong Country 2 and some Gamecube games, I don't see anything good going on for the Wii.

Autosaver
    User
    User

Post by Autosaver on Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:15 pm

It's vastly overrated. None of the games are very special and it's graphically inferior to just about every system out there.

...If you call being able to actually be your character not special OK. Grapics... I could care less.

The Wiimotes are frustrating to handle and are more of a chore than anything interesting

Wait..WHAT?!?! How is it frustrating... O_o

The games are mainly pointless waggle-fests that add nothing to the gameplay.
    Not really. I don't have a single game/nor heard of one. Where you simply waggle.
    Kyasarin
    Gold User

Post by Kyasarin on Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:30 pm

1. Customizable avatars for systems have already been used before. It's not new.

2. It's frustrating because I'm going to have to shake the Wiimote for five minutes just to get a hint of where the heck the cursor is.

3. Really? Sonic & The Black Knight, Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (at some parts), and most generic minigame collections, and Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz. Don't try to say that there's no "waggle-fest" games on the Wii, because there's quite a large amount.
    Fawfulfan
    Administrator
    Administrator

Posts Posts : 823
    Location : Hmmm, I tend to use the creamier, noncomedogenic kinds, like...oh, wait, loCAtion?

Post by Fawfulfan on Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:48 pm

I have a Wii, but I haven't used it in a while. I've been too busy with my game design projects, and with SRB2. Laughing

Autosaver
    User
    User

Post by Autosaver on Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:18 pm

Kyasarin wrote:1. Customizable avatars for systems have already been used before. It's not new.

2. It's frustrating because I'm going to have to shake the Wiimote for five minutes just to get a hint of where the heck the cursor is.

3. Really? Sonic & The Black Knight, Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (at some parts), and most generic minigame collections, and Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz. Don't try to say that there's no "waggle-fest" games on the Wii, because there's quite a large amount.

1. Since when?
    2.Well, I don't think anyone has those issues.
    3.SATBK isn't a waggle fest for me(It depends on how you play the game). M&S isn't either. Exclude running and there you go. :p Never played MB.
    Brown the dog
    New User
    New User

Posts Posts : 32
    Location : Confidential things will stay confidential, such as this.

Post by Brown the dog on Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:04 am

If I may:

1. Like, what, 2/3 years before maybe, that and go see some online RP games.
    2. I do. I must be quite far to be able to see where that pointer is. Doesn't take 5 minutes, but it's still frustrating.
    3. Have you heard about Wii Sports? It's quite a waggle-fest.

Autosaver
    User
    User

Post by Autosaver on Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:12 pm

Brown the dog wrote:If I may:

1. Like, what, 2/3 years before maybe, that and go see some online RP games.
    2. I do. I must be quite far to be able to see where that pointer is. Doesn't take 5 minutes, but it's still frustrating.
    3. Have you heard about Wii Sports? It's quite a waggle-fest.

1.Please don't say several years. He said consoles so.. I don't remember the PS2 having avatar features
    2. Thats really odd. All I do is point at the TV and done!
    3.You can waggle all you want in tennis, but it can actually make the bal go out of the court and make you lose points. And by Waggle-fest. What do you mean by it. My definition is a game where all you do is waggle the wii-mote like crazy.
    Fawfulfan
    Administrator
    Administrator

Location : Hmmm, I tend to use the creamier, noncomedogenic kinds, like...oh, wait, loCAtion?

Post by Fawfulfan on Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:25 pm

Hey Kyasarin, what about SSBBrawl, or Super Mario Galaxy? Would you call those games uninteresting?

I personally love Brawl, and Galaxy has been called one of the greatest platformers of our gaming era.
    Kyasarin
    Gold User

Post by Kyasarin on Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:38 pm

Brawl's good, but it's vastly over-rated and isn't as good as it's predecessor. The main thing is that all the actual space on the disc was wasted on a boring campaign mode, while whatever's left was put into (miniscule) changes.
    I dislike the weapon variety. Nearly all Pokémon are too similar, or vastly over/underpowered. Assist Trophies are the same. Hammer Bros. are downright useless most of the time, while some cause near-instant death. Smash Balls are another problem. Sonic's special is stupidly overpowered, giving him long-lasting invincibility, wonderful strength, and blinding speed. While all Peach gets is an easily-dodged ability to make others fall asleep and spawn fruit which are easily stolen by opponents.
    Some characters are just plain useless or overpowered.

I don't care much for Galaxy, but it's fun.
    I don't like the lack of camera control, and I don't like how motion control is used for certain gimmicks. The idea of being on different planet bothers me; it's weird having to constantly adjust to things, and tiny planets are annoying to traverse.

Autosaver
    User
    User

Post by Autosaver on Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:59 pm

Kyasarin wrote:Brawl's good, but it's vastly over-rated and isn't as good as it's predecessor. The main thing is that all the actual space on the disc was wasted on a boring campaign mode, while whatever's left was put into (miniscule) changes.
    I dislike the weapon variety. Nearly all Pokémon are too similar, or vastly over/underpowered. Assist Trophies are the same. Hammer Bros. are downright useless most of the time, while some cause near-instant death. Smash Balls are another problem. Sonic's special is stupidly overpowered, giving him long-lasting invincibility, wonderful strength, and blinding speed. While all Peach gets is an easily-dodged ability to make others fall asleep and spawn fruit which are easily stolen by opponents.
    Some characters are just plain useless or overpowered.

I don't care much for Galaxy, but it's fun.
    I don't like the lack of camera control, and I don't like how motion control is used for certain gimmicks. The idea of being on different planet bothers me; it's weird having to constantly adjust to things, and tiny planets are annoying to traverse.

I wish I had BW's paragraph.(The one he uses most of the time against Brawls "It sucks more then Melee")

Theres no camera control in galaxy? :O
    Fawfulfan
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Fawfulfan on Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:16 am

I STRONGLY disagree that Brawl isn't as good as Melee. For one thing, the characters are better made (That damn problem with Luigi's voice-acting is no more!), and Final Smashes and Assist Trophies are awesome!

Also, I disagree that the campaign mode was boring. I thought it had a cool plot. That's basically what Adventure Mode should have been all along; Melee's campaign was just Classic Mode with a few plain, boring levels tossed into the mix.

Stickers are also quite fun to collect, and the content from games is much better rounded. It's great to have Sonic, Snake, Olimar, Wario, Wolf...the list goes on. Also, the Donkey Kong and Mario Bros. stages are great to have.

The only real problems I have with the game are problems that also happened to exist in Melee. For instance, why the hell is Jigglypuff in there? They should have thrown in a GOOD Pokemon.

See, I think the real problem is that Melee was designed to appeal more to hardcore fighting-game fanatics, whereas Brawl was designed to appeal more to platform gamers. I am a platform gamer. Hence, I like Brawl better.
    Chisuun
    Administrator
    Administrator

Posts Posts : 8

Post by Chisuun on Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:39 am

fawfulfan wrote:Why the hell is Jigglypuff in there? They should have thrown in a GOOD Pokemon.

You've never really played as Jigglypuff, have you?
    Fawfulfan
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Fawfulfan on Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:55 am

I have. All I like about Jigglypuff is the final smash.
    Violo
    Inactive Dude
    Inactive Dude

Post by Violo on Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:15 pm

Actually, Jigglypuff has the greatest recovery in the game since it can be used infinite times (until you run out of jumps, then you lose your height). Rest is epic when done correctly, sing also helps for people at high damage. And rollout just wins. I find Jigglypuff a good character, I think Snake though, as impossble to control.

Autosaver
    User
    User

Post by Autosaver on Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:26 am

JigglyPuff, I don't really see whats good about him/her since the only attack that is good is roll.
    jet
    Very Frequent User
    Very Frequent User

Posts Posts : 207
    Location : Don't look in jail because I'm not there... No really I'm not!

Post by jet on Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:09 pm

I NEVER play as Jigglypuff since the only attack that is actually useful is the final smash and smash balls are never there when you need them!
    Burning Wind
    New User
    New User

Posts Posts : 1

Post by Burning Wind on Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:44 am

I play SSBB with the Gamecube Controller, when I actually play on the Wii.
    Damned Halo, making me forget half my sentences.
    ultrasonic99099
    New User
    New User

Posts Posts : 26

Post by ultrasonic99099 on Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:36 am

Violo wrote:Actually, Jigglypuff has the greatest recovery in the game since it can be used infinite times (until you run out of jumps, then you lose your height). Rest is epic when done correctly, sing also helps for people at high damage. And rollout just wins. I find Jigglypuff a good character, I think Snake though, as impossble to control.

my problem is that if you shield for too long and you are not under something then you die

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:10 am