SRB2 Shelter

Welcome to SRB2 Shelter!

Sonic Robo Blast 2 v2.0 - What are your thoughts?

Kyasarin
    Gold User

Posts Posts : 77

Sonic Robo Blast 2 v2.0 - What are your thoughts?

Post by Kyasarin on Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:10 pm

I was really, really disappointed with this. Not only were the new levels terrible, Thing Spikes have been removed (which is super-frustrating), levels and sprites require conversions for absolutely no reason, and the new features aren't very exciting or interesting. Ton of things have gone through pointless changes (Sapphire Falls is horrible now with bad textures and music, Desolate Twilight is now a rocky canyon instead of a cool-looking desert area. Quicksand Ruins is now a frustrating, cramped, slow-paced race cluttered with tons of walls and cheap hazards.
    The multiplayer system is decent, at best. I like the weapon switching, but having to find a Panel to use Rings is just far too repetitive. Team Rings and Team Monitors seems incredibly pointless.

Overall, I was incredibly disappointed with this new release. All of the levels are terrible, and the new features are barely entertaining.
    Fawfulfan
    Administrator
    Administrator

Posts Posts : 823
    Location : Hmmm, I tend to use the creamier, noncomedogenic kinds, like...oh, wait, loCAtion?

Re: Sonic Robo Blast 2 v2.0 - What are your thoughts?

Post by Fawfulfan on Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:41 am

Oh, come on. There's a ton of great new stuff in this version. There are so many new enemies and obstacles, not to mention the great textures in places like Arid Canyon Zone.

The conversion happens because the linedefs have been rearranged to make level design easier. It's a price to pay, but it has its advantages.

The only thing I really don't like about the new version is how many features have been removed from soccing and character making. However, I've heard that more will be added to those areas in the future.

Also, what are you talking about? Thing Spikes are still there!
    Kyasarin
    Gold User

Posts Posts : 77

Post by Kyasarin on Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:06 am

Fawfulfan, Thing spikes are merely scenery now. They have no collision, and you can't interact with them whatsoever. Every time you see one in a level now, it's due to sector spikes. However, sector spikes can't do many of the cool things that Thing spikes can.

I never really liked the textures. They just don't seem to fit with the original graphic style and don't really appeal to me.
    I don't really like the new enemies because they still don't manage to be notable (besides the spiked ones that move across the ground) and they're easily forgettable.
    There's new gimmicks, sure, but in the levels they're used in in the game. they're used so much that they're already tiring about after the first or second time you find it. There's new possibilities with them, sure, but the new gimmicks are really annoying to set up. It's funny how I opened up a test level and couldn't think of a single thing to make with the new textures, Things, and lines.
    Sonic 2
    New User
    New User

Posts Posts : 17

Post by Sonic 2 on Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:56 pm

Well I like this new version for its new game play, with the lengthier single player, a more fleshed out match system, and new sprites for many things ( including knuckles).
    Fawfulfan
    Administrator
    Administrator

Posts Posts : 823
    Location : Hmmm, I tend to use the creamier, noncomedogenic kinds, like...oh, wait, loCAtion?

Post by Fawfulfan on Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:33 pm

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:11 am