SRB2 Shelter

Welcome to SRB2 Shelter!

    Crasy Fighting Match Zone

    Share
    avatar
    Sonicfreak98
    New User
    New User

    Posts Posts : 30
    Join date : 2010-11-26
    Age : 26
    Location : I'm in a random location. can you find me. well, you can't. why? because i'm in hall of mirrors!

    Crasy Fighting Match Zone

    Post by Sonicfreak98 on Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:51 pm

    I made this level like a breeze! take a look at the rings! http://i61.servimg.com/u/f61/15/91/84/97/srb20011.png
    oh my gawd thats all the rings!!!!!!! Shocked
    the music is the SRB2 Opening. Take a look at this.
    http://i61.servimg.com/u/f61/15/91/84/97/srb20012.png
    all the emeralds!
    You can get it aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat here:
    sendspace.com q3xir2
    how about some super????
    http://i61.servimg.com/u/f61/15/91/84/97/srb20013.png
    :O OMG this is amazing!
    Hope you like it!
    avatar
    Fawfulfan
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Posts Posts : 823
    Join date : 2009-07-03
    Age : 26
    Location : Hmmm, I tend to use the creamier, noncomedogenic kinds, like...oh, wait, loCAtion?

    Re: Crasy Fighting Match Zone

    Post by Fawfulfan on Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:40 pm

    Okay, there's no way to say this politely. YOUR LEVEL IS TERRIBLE. Let me cover everything wrong with it.

    1. You ignored naming conventions. The proper approach would be to call it "m_hypermatch.wad", and in any case any level that is compatible with Match Mode should also be given Tag Mode compatibility.
    2. You didn't make a Thok Barrier. A LEVEL CANNOT LACK A THOK BARRIER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.
    3. The level lacks any theme, scenery, variation, or for that matter any even mildly sophisticated design techniques whatsoever.
    4. There is only one Match Start (there should be tons of them all over the level) and there are a bunch of useless Single Player Starts.
    5. Your ring and powerup placement is the worst I've ever seen in my life. There should never be multiple ammo refills in one place. Your Chaos Emerald Spawns are way too few and all in the same place. And the rings don't even float.
    6. The weapons are all concentrated in one place; they should be all over the level.

    I don't think you took this thing seriously. Don't even think of releasing another level until you go and learn how it's done.


    _________________
    Fawfulfan wrote: Only total, complete, utter losers quote themselves in their sigs...hypocrites stink, too.
    Check out my game design projects at Chapman Games!!!
    avatar
    Sonicfreak98
    New User
    New User

    Posts Posts : 30
    Join date : 2010-11-26
    Age : 26
    Location : I'm in a random location. can you find me. well, you can't. why? because i'm in hall of mirrors!

    Re: Crasy Fighting Match Zone

    Post by Sonicfreak98 on Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:30 am

    Well, i tried my best work. i don't care about a thok barrier, i'm TERRIBLE at it! I try and try, nothing works! i'll make a repost with the name that you requested, "m_hypermatch.wad," and make some death pits, stuff. plus theme to it. btw, i used slumped to make the name Crazy Fighting Match Zone. Also, i'll add more match starts, k? Also, i'll change where to place the rings and weapons. I'll also make the chaos emeralds spawns farther, so there not in the same spot. idk how to make the rings float, i'll try k? making a thok barrier is tricky, i try making the thok barrier itself, delete it, and when i get into 3d mode, IT DOESN'T WORK! the sky might be changed, so maybe the music, I forgot to tell you, it's still in beta. Also, I DO NOT INGORE NAME CONVERTATIONS! I TRY MY BEST TO! Now, can we please get over with the topic? I hate making thok barriers, i don't care what i do, i just, try, my, best. End of disscussion. You can lock it now.


    Last edited by Sonicfreak98 on Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:51 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : i wanted to.)
    avatar
    Fawfulfan
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Posts Posts : 823
    Join date : 2009-07-03
    Age : 26
    Location : Hmmm, I tend to use the creamier, noncomedogenic kinds, like...oh, wait, loCAtion?

    Re: Crasy Fighting Match Zone

    Post by Fawfulfan on Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:27 pm

    Sonicfreak98 wrote:Well, i tried my best work. i don't care about a thok barrier, i'm TERRIBLE at it! I try and try, nothing works! i'll make a repost with the name that you requested, "m_hypermatch.wad," and make some death pits, stuff. plus theme to it. btw, i used slumped to make the name Crazy Fighting Match Zone. Also, i'll add more match starts, k? Also, i'll change where to place the rings and weapons. I'll also make the chaos emeralds spawns farther, so there not in the same spot. idk how to make the rings float, i'll try k? making a thok barrier is tricky, i try making the thok barrier itself, delete it, and when i get into 3d mode, IT DOESN'T WORK! the sky might be changed, so maybe the music, I forgot to tell you, it's still in beta. Also, I DO NOT INGORE NAME CONVERTATIONS! I TRY MY BEST TO! Now, can we please get over with the topic? I hate making thok barriers, i don't care what i do, i just, try, my, best. End of disscussion. You can lock it now.

    You act like these things are unbelievably hard and that I'm some kind of monster for telling you that you have to do them. Well, it's not hard at all. Naming conventions are as easy as putting the s, c, m, r, t, and f notations before the name of the level. And a thok barrier is extremely simple; just make a sector with the same floor and ceiling height surrounding the level, and make sure that the heights are above the floor height of the surrounding sectors.

    It isn't necessary to use SLumpEd. If you download the file "cmcs21.ocx" from the Internet and put that in your SRB2 Doom Builder folder, you can create and modify map headers SRB2 Doom Builder itself.

    And I can tell you right now that you are not trying your best. If you were trying your best, you would go online to look up how to do the things you don't understand. If you were trying your best, you would read the tutorials on the SRB2 Wiki to get a better understanding for what makes a level good. If you were trying your best, you wouldn't throw a temper tantrum in response to criticism.

    But if you are planning to make a repost, I'm not locking this topic. You should not make a brand new topic for the new version; just post it in this one.


    _________________
    Fawfulfan wrote: Only total, complete, utter losers quote themselves in their sigs...hypocrites stink, too.
    Check out my game design projects at Chapman Games!!!
    avatar
    Sonicfreak98
    New User
    New User

    Posts Posts : 30
    Join date : 2010-11-26
    Age : 26
    Location : I'm in a random location. can you find me. well, you can't. why? because i'm in hall of mirrors!

    Re: Crasy Fighting Match Zone

    Post by Sonicfreak98 on Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:35 am

    Fawfulfan wrote:
    Sonicfreak98 wrote:Well, i tried my best work. i don't care about a thok barrier, i'm TERRIBLE at it! I try and try, nothing works! i'll make a repost with the name that you requested, "m_hypermatch.wad," and make some death pits, stuff. plus theme to it. btw, i used slumped to make the name Crazy Fighting Match Zone. Also, i'll add more match starts, k? Also, i'll change where to place the rings and weapons. I'll also make the chaos emeralds spawns farther, so there not in the same spot. idk how to make the rings float, i'll try k? making a thok barrier is tricky, i try making the thok barrier itself, delete it, and when i get into 3d mode, IT DOESN'T WORK! the sky might be changed, so maybe the music, I forgot to tell you, it's still in beta. Also, I DO NOT INGORE NAME CONVERTATIONS! I TRY MY BEST TO! Now, can we please get over with the topic? I hate making thok barriers, i don't care what i do, i just, try, my, best. End of disscussion. You can lock it now.

    You act like these things are unbelievably hard and that I'm some kind of monster for telling you that you have to do them. Well, it's not hard at all. Naming conventions are as easy as putting the s, c, m, r, t, and f notations before the name of the level. And a thok barrier is extremely simple; just make a sector with the same floor and ceiling height surrounding the level, and make sure that the heights are above the floor height of the surrounding sectors.

    It isn't necessary to use SLumpEd. If you download the file "cmcs21.ocx" from the Internet and put that in your SRB2 Doom Builder folder, you can create and modify map headers SRB2 Doom Builder itself.

    And I can tell you right now that you are not trying your best. If you were trying your best, you would go online to look up how to do the things you don't understand. If you were trying your best, you would read the tutorials on the SRB2 Wiki to get a better understanding for what makes a level good. If you were trying your best, you wouldn't throw a temper tantrum in response to criticism.

    But if you are planning to make a repost, I'm not locking this topic. You should not make a brand new topic for the new version; just post it in this one.
    Listen. I don't think you're a monster. I just don't like when my topics are locked. Crying or Very sad Do you think Glaber's SRB2 Christmas pack is good? Suspect I think it's good. Though i want my rank to be a Very Frequent User like jet and a cat, I think i could try. Ok, back to the topic. Version 2 is ready, but i think i could add a thok barrier to the original, but i'll change the music. i might change it to a CTF game and replace "m_hypermatch.wad," into "f_watchyourstep.wad!" the sky will have a custom texture of mine. also, do you know how to make sky levels? I don't know how! If you do, please send me a PM.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Crasy Fighting Match Zone

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:29 am