Welcome to SRB2 Shelter!

Boss Attack!

a cat
    Very Frequent User
    Very Frequent User

Posts Posts : 290

Boss Attack!

Post by a cat on Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:34 am

A mini level pack going into my mod. It is very early in beta stages and needs work. Please help me with my levels.
    LINK: http://srb2ffh.supersanctuary.net/998SCR_BOSSES.wad
    Fawfulfan
    Administrator
    Administrator

Posts Posts : 823
    Location : Hmmm, I tend to use the creamier, noncomedogenic kinds, like...oh, wait, loCAtion?

Re: Boss Attack!

Post by Fawfulfan on Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:14 pm

WHOA, these levels need work. Where do I BEGIN! Well, I'll list the flaws by level.

MAP03: WAY too open. When the Egg Mobile is hit, it flies out in a straight line until it hits a wall. In this level, he flies really far, which is incredibly annoying. Plus, it's bland, and the item placement makes little sense.

MAP06: First off, why does Sonic spawn from the ceiling? Then, we have the same problem of the level being way too open and bland.

MAP10: This level is an absolute mess. Way too cramped, the scenery makes no sense, and there should usually be no enemies in a boss battle, especially not a mass of red Crawlas and a THZ turret that's constantly hitting you. If you add enemies, they need to have a point. Look at how I used the Skims in Drowned Downtown Zone Act 3. And you certainly shouldn't have more than one Eggman grouped together in the same room. And why the heck did you use Emerald Hunt? I'm sorry, but this level is just horrible.

MAP13: The design of the level is terrible, and the texture you used for the outer wall does not belong in a 3D level--at least not here.

MAP16: The scenery is a mess. Worst of all, there's no axis point for the Egg Slimer, so the boss battle is utterly unplayable.

I apologize if this is coming over harsh, but seriously, you need to do better than this.

a cat
    Very Frequent User
    Very Frequent User

Post by a cat on Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:21 pm

Thanks for the advice. I'll redisgn or fix the levels.
    Fawfulfan
    Administrator
    Administrator

Location : Hmmm, I tend to use the creamier, noncomedogenic kinds, like...oh, wait, loCAtion?

Post by Fawfulfan on Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:21 pm

Great! Some of it will be easy to fix, but most of it will require a lot of time and effort.

a cat
    Very Frequent User
    Very Frequent User

Post by a cat on Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:12 pm

How small should boss levels be on average?
    Fawfulfan
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Fawfulfan on Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:45 am

Look at the official maps. Not much bigger than that, unless you have a very, very good reason for doing so (which you didn't in any of the levels I saw in this pack).

a cat
    Very Frequent User
    Very Frequent User

Post by a cat on Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:51 pm

I'M going to start tommrow. I am going to be slow now because I am in school.
    Mystic Mandeus
    New User
    New User

Posts Posts : 37

Post by Mystic Mandeus on Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:41 pm

This isn't..well... a good wad. Not only for the fact that I was quite disapointed that the bosses were so EASY, but Fawfulfan has a point, the boss fighting arena shouldn't be so BIG. Hope you can be the very FIRST to make a hard boss! Wink

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:16 am